What are the Global Goals?
The global goals are goals that, the UN (United Nations) put in place in the year 2000 and are hopefully achieved by 2030. There are 17 goals. The goals are:
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Well-being
- Quality Eduaction
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequality
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible, Consumption and Production
- Climate Action
- Life Below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Partnership for the Goals
This term the year 5/6’s have been working on the Global Goals. This term like any other term we have a PLT (Personal Learning Task). Akuac, Daisy and I are together and we chose to do a project on Gender Equality.
What is Gender Equality?
Gender Equality is where a curtain gender get less rights. Usually in this situation it is usually females that don’t get as many rights.
Why is Gender Equality a big deal?
Gender Equality is such a big deal because:
A. Women don’t get as many rights
B. Men get more rights than women
How did Gender Equality become a BIG deal?
Gender Equality has always be a BIG deal. It started ages ago when men decided that women weren’t strong enough or women couldn’t do curtain things. It started before the time when women where at home cooking, cleaning, washing the clothes.